25, 26 and 27 Drumsheugh Gardens form part of one of the finest pieces of domestic architecture in Edinburgh. The site is adjacent to the Georgian heart of the City, but from its elevated position above the wooded Dean Valley provides outstanding views over private gardens to the south and to the hills beyond the Firth of Forth to the North. With these natural advantages it is no surprise that the buildings represent some of the most ambitious and fashionable housing ever built in the City.
Constructed in 1877 by John Lessels, 25 – 27 Drumsheugh Gardens was intended to satisfy the uncompromising demands of those made wealthy by the industrial revolution. The elegant and well detailed facades conceal hugely generous, light-filled rooms finished with exceptional oak panelling, fireplaces and plasterwork.
The interiors are remarkably untouched by many decades as offices for the Law Society of Scotland. The Law Society was careful to preserve and maintain the essential character of the buildings, so it has been a relatively straightforward task for Sundial Properties, Scotland’s leading restoring developer, to return these exceptional buildings to their rightful position as some of the City’s finest homes.